What the heck is a tollgate fee? Searching ‘tollgate’ in the dandelion tech spec has 0 results! So all I know about it is that in our test hatch it was set to 3 wxDAI(~$36.00USD at time of writing). Upon further investigation (and help from @Tonga) I found the aragon template for a tollgate contract.
According the repo above, the purpose of tollgate is:
A simple Aragon App forwarder that requires a user to deposit fees before executing an action.
Useful for when an organization wants to make actions public, but impose a customizable cost to prevent spam.
Some questions to consider:
- What is the minimum amount and should it be constant?
- Should it just be for the public and to prevent spam?
- Could it be used to manipulate outcome?
- How independent is this parameter? What other parameters are connected to it?
- What other factors should we consider when deciding this parameter?