Hello ! These are the Working Group (WG) Weekly Updates for the week of Feb 28 - Mar 7. Within this post you’ll find what’s been happening lately in and around our many calendar calls. If you feel like you’re missing out, join us in real time during any of our many syncs or check out our YouTube channel archive for hundreds of recorded calls.
BONUS: Since this summary is being posted a little bit later than usual, I’ve included some updates from this week as well!
- Sprint 29 ended (Feb 18 - Mar 3) and Sprint 30 started last Thursday: here’s a link to our Sprint Board.
- We’re happy to announce we’ve welcomed Nate Suits as the co-Steward of our Stewards WG.
- We’ve currently 4 open (funding) votes on our Gardens:
- The Comms T.E.A.M. DAO - TE Academy T.E.A.M. funding proposal passed (8,840 WXDAI requested) and will begin disbursing funds soon.
- We also passed the following TAO vote proposal recently:
- The very first Stewards compensation distribution is in progress.
- There will be another TEA x TEC: Intro to Token Engineering event tomorrow, March 9th, at 8 am UTC / 9 am CET.
- Our Sprint Planning happens every other Friday,
- Our Sprint Retrospective every other Thursday,
- And our Stewards Weekly every other Wednesday.
- The goal of the Gravity WG is to foster conflict competence in Web 3 communities.
- To accomplish this, we’ve created Gravity’s 6-month funding proposal, which is live on the TEC Garden and in our forum.
- Every Tuesday, Leen and Jeremy host a practice session about Deep Democracy and Liberating Structures, respectively. These practice sessions will continue to be held weekly on Tuesdays. If you missed the last session, here’s its recording.
- Forum Highlights:
As revealed last week, we made the decision to discontinue using quadratic voting for our Snapshot votes until we have an identity solution that filters active users from mere token holders:
- And so we’ll temporarily shift our voting protocol from quadratic, ranked-choice voting to ranked-choice voting; and from quadratic voting to single-choice voting.
- We currently have a live vote on Snapshot: 20k Token Swap and LP TEC <> GIV. The proposal suggests we swap 20k DAI worth of TEC for 20k DAI worth of GIV, match the GIV received with an additional 20k worth of TEC, and the create a TEC/GIV LP on Honeyswap. This will be carried out by the LASERTAG multisig.
- We’ve reached 1,900 members on Discord!
- Our WG’s 3-month funding proposal passed; March will be our first month of Commons pool-funded work.
- Do you have any questions that you believe ought to be added? Contact me on Discord (Mount Manu#3530).
- We’re assisting the development of a strategic partnership between RomeDAO and our Labs WG
- Context: the combination of TE and gamification principles.
- Last but not least, we’re working on an FAQ so if you have any questions message @Mount Manu on Discord.
Forum Highlight: A weekly reminder that our WG has 3 different types of meetings:
- Our WG Weekly Sync is Mondays at 8 pm CET / 2 pm EST.
- Our Orientation Call is Wednesdays at 6 pm CET / 9 am PST.
- Our TEC Lounge is Fridays at 4 pm CET / 7 am PST.
- Our WG’s funding proposal is up on Gardens! Support it here.
- We currently have a live Miro board as a working style discovery document: feel free to contribute!
- Previously, Mert presented his research on “How algorithmic policies shape our behaviors—or not”: here’s a link to the presentation.
- Currently, our WG has got 2 initiatives, funding proposals, that we’ve been forwarding:
- Our Consilience Library page is online and we’re actively looking for contributors: if you believe you’re a subject-matter expert on any of the 8 petals of our crypto-economic systems flower, and if you’d like to contribute, please message Mount Manu#3530 on Discord.
- The Solidity Lab Series, hosted by Metaverde, has concluded. Through it, new users learned how to code smart contracts on Solidity.
- The Discord Bot Army has started its march under the orders of YGG and Vyvy-vi:
- It will last from Mar 4 - May 4 and its purpose is to teach our community how to code Discord bots.
- Recently, we did a presentation about the Proposal Inverter in an 0mega WG sync.
- Finally, our recurring events are the following:
- For our DAO2DAO Models Workshops: join us Wednesdays at 9am PST/6pm CEST (at the PrimeDAO Discord server).
- For Longtail Financial Open Office Hours: join us on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 12 pm PST / 9 pm CET on LTF’s Discord server.
- For BlockScience Open Office Hours: join us on Thursdays at 9 am PST / 6 pm CET (via Zoom Call).
- Here’s a calendar for the aforementioned events (and more).
Currently, two of our funding proposals are live on Gardens:
- Comms T.E.A.M. DAO - TE Academy T.E.A.M. (8.840 WXDAI requested).
- Comms T.E.A.M. DAO - Translations T.E.A.M.(4,230 WXDAI requested).
Our WG’s T.E.A.M. is comprised of 4 subgroups, which are:
TE Academy team (syncs on Mondays at 5 pm CET / 10 am CT):
- Preparing the outreach campaign for the TE Fundamentals course.
- P.S. Our funding proposal passed! We now have 8,840 WXDAI in funding.
Twitter team (syncs on Mondays at 6 pm CET / 11 am CT):
- Planning to be done next Monday.
Animation & Video Production team (syncs on Mondays at 7 pm CET / 12 pm CT):
- Pre-production for a Rewards Quantification video tutorial.
Translations team (syncs on Mondays at 9 pm CET / 2 pm CT):
- Our first batch of translations is ready.
Hubspot team (syncs on Mondays at 10 pm CET / 3 pm CT):
- Working on the next newsletter email, as well as data gathering forms.
- TE Academy team (syncs on Mondays at 5 pm CET / 10 am CT):
- If you haven’t already, check our Transparency WG Funding Proposal.
- We’ve written a forum post about transparency in payments.
- We’ve also compiled a list of guidelines that explain the protocols we follow for meetings within the TEC, as well as other relevant terms and disclaimers.
- If you’re a quantophile, you might wanna check out our Dune Analytics dashboard here.
- Last but not least, here’s our updated Gitbook which we are calling TEC Source.
- We have our sync calls every other Friday at 4 pm CET: join us and learn more about our legal framework.
- We’re currently working in the following issues:
- Terms & Conditions for Conviction Voting Proposals (review in progress).
- Our funding proposal has been revised to include a retroactive bonus for previous contributors.
- Open call for legal experts: we’re looking for contributors with legal expertise in the DAO space; tag @iviangita on a Discord comment if you’d like to be involved.
Our new dashboard’s first Praise quantification will take place this week (Mar 6 - 12):
- SourceCred will start running from March 25 onward and Praise will be quantified after July 12.
- Every week Grain will be distributed and every 2 weeks we’ll be quantifying Praise.
- The official kickoff of our whole Rewards system will be in approximately 2 weeks.
- TEA and Governauts Research group has concluded; findings will be posted soon!
- We currently have an open call for people wanting to become quantifiers: if you’d like to be involved, kindly message @divine_comedian#5493 on Discord
- This forum post about SourceCred in the TEC as context to what our WG seeks to accomplish.
- Forum Highlight:
Thank you for reading the WG Weekly update from Feb 28 - Mar 7 Check our calendar and join us on a call soon! Goodbye!