The first 3-month funding covered Feb, Mar and April.
This is a proposal for funding for the Stewards WG for May, June and July.
Steward WG 3-month funding proposal
The purpose is to provide compensation for the Stewarding and the coordination efforts of active Stewards and Working Group Coordination Leads (WGCL).
This proposal takes into account these assumptions:
- Not all WGCL participate in the transversal coordination and those that do not are not compensated as part of this proposal. (They should be compensated as part of their WG’s proposal).
- Stewards and WGCL should also be compensated in the WG in which they are active contributors. So, this is the additional compensation for the transversal activities they are responsible for and for their dedication to staying up to speed on everything that is happening in the TEC and our 11, and counting, working groups.
- Factors in a small budget for special projects and bounties that support the WG objectives.
About Stewards & Working Group Coordination Leads (WGCL)
- Stewards and WGCL are a critical to our success at the TEC. They keep the ship moving forward and on-target.
- are the MVV super-spreaders,
- carry the know-how of the TEC (e.g., how we are organized, whom to ask about what, what projects are active across multiple WGs),
- represent the TEC to the larger community,
- raise, debate, resolve, coordinate, advocate, propagate,
- are the civil servants of the community.
- Expected time commitment: At least 10+ hours per week to keep active and “on top” of what’s happening, attend the Weekly, Council and Community calls, other WG calls, etc.
- are responsible for streams of work contained within a WG. For the coordination and surfacing inter-wg dependencies.
- Expected time commitment: At least 10+ hours per week. Attending the Sprint planning & retro, Weekly call, Council call, WG calls, etc.
- Stewards and WGCL may be active contributors in more than one WG.
- WGCL may also be Stewards although not always.
- Stewards may also be WGCL although not always.
- Stewards and WGCL should remain active and present. Inactivity would be cause to self-offboard or be nominated for offboarding. The process by which that happens is outlined in the Stewards’ Manifesto.
Additional information to add
For the first 3 months of funding from the previous proposal, Stewards and WGCL were compensated in xDAI.
For this funding proposal we will be distributing compensation in TEC tokens.
- Compensating the Stewards and WGCL with our own token will increase their governance weight, should they choose to hold onto them.
- Creates buy demand for the TEC token itself.
- Will serve as a discovery mechanism to surface challenges of compensating contributors with the TEC token. Eventually this is something other WG may decide to do as well.
How will this work:
- Stewards multisig will hold xDAI and convert what is needed for that month’s compensation into TEC around the first week of every month.
How does this proposal benefit the community or the field of Token Engineering?
Stewardship is the engine that keeps the TEC running. We also like to think we are building repeatable processes, practices and tools for other TE DOAs to utilize for themselves.
Amount requested (Only for conviction voting)
Address (multisig): gno:0xA3b2391a209b906FE29d4D4285782F18E38fA525
How will these funds be used? (Only for conviction voting)
|Special projects||2000||Monthly projects budget||tbd||2000||6000|
*The compensation is cumulative. If someone has the responsibilities of both Steward and WGCL, they will receive compensation for both versus a member that is energizing the role of one or the other.
How will you share progress?
We seek to keep this process simple and transparent. During the first week of each month, each Steward or WGCL will post their compensation request on the #Steward discord channel. The post will include their role, work performed and associated github issues. If no objection is raised, the amount will be transferred. If an objection is raised, it will be mediated internally in the WG. If it is not able to be mediated within the WG, a Gravity form will be opened for assistance in mediation.
Community Stewards WG Manifesto
At the time of this proposal there are 15 Stewards.
- Juan Carlos
Working Groups & WGCL (if the WG participates in transversal coordination events)
At the time of this proposal there are 9 WGCLs.
Working Group Coordination Leads (WGCL)
|1||Community Stewards||Tamara, Nate||MountManu|
|2||Soft Gov & Culture||Livia||Livia|
|5||Gravity||Juan Carlos||Juan Carlos|
Previous experience and interests
These are all the active Stewards and WGCLs in the TEC now.