Hello everyone! Here you have the Working Group Weekly Updates for the week of June 06 - June 13. You’ll find what’s been going on around our calendar calls. You may join us in real time during any of our many syncs or check out our YouTube channel archive for hundreds of recorded calls.
Stewards: Tamara, Nate
Weekly Sync: Tuesday, 1PM EST/7PM CET
- We are done with sprint #36. Here is the updated sprint board so you can see what is going on in the different WGs.
- On this sprint retrospective what ressonated the most is “making a list of priorities and critical work”
- We have been talking about Sampo’s thread on the forum, specifically about limiting spending. Also, we have been discussing how stewardship is evolving. Since the last stewards funding proposal didn’t pass, we are reavaluating what we really need in the TEC.
- The Commons Prize just ended, the winner is: Grassroots Economics Commons
- Remember that you can easily help the TEC by retweeting This week we want to put the spotlight on Shermin Voshmgir. Author of the landmark book @token3conomy and founder of @TokenKitchen & previously BlockchainHub in Berlin. She also co-founded and was the director of the Research Institute for Cryptoeconomics at the Vienna University of Economics.
Weekly Sync: Wednesday, 11AM EST/5PM CET
- We are lately trying to bring competence and awareness to conflict management. We are right now on the:
The Third Graviton Training. You can check the study plan here
- Sessions are on Tuesdays at 8PM CET
- Next session we will have Ddan talking about NonViolent Communication
- If you want, you can still assist to all of the remaning sessions and you will still get the 6 POAPs, which are an important step into becoming a mediator.
- Call to action! on Mondays. Join us for observational research on psychology and wellbeing.
- On Tuesdays we have the Umbrella coordination call in Aragon at 11 AM CET
- You can support us by donating to our grant here
- If you’re in need of help managing a conflict, you can make a request through our typeform
Weekly Sync: Wednesday, 1PM EST/7PM CET
- We had a session where we went throught the TE flower and how every petal of it represents the TEC now.
- Then we had a second exercise, where we talked about the aspects that were not represented on this flower so we can build one that accurately represents what we are currently doing in the TEC.
- This is a collective exercise and everyone is welcome to join our next call and help us out.
Stewards: Eduardo, Tamara
Weekly Sync: Monday, 2PM EST/8PM CET
Orientation: Thursday, 1PM EST/7PM CET
- We updated the pinned messages on discord. Praise to Jason! Who also, as a result of this process, came with the idea of a
- Information Inventory, to locate the gaps that need to be filled or updated.
- We are doing an update on the spreadsheet that we use for outreach, to keep track on the community health.
- Check our Communitas Funding Proposal.
- And also our Orientation Deck presentation to showcase during our Orientation calls.
Weekly Sync: Tuesday, 4PM EST/10PM CET
- We have put our first Funding Proposal up for conviction voting!
- We are having a conversation about treasury management, we’d like to develop some policy to do it properly.
- We are working on communications to TEC token holders to keep them interested on the TEC. We already have a draft message
- You can see what we are trying to do achive over time in Sampo’s strategy post
Weekly sync: Wednesday, 3PM EST/8PM CET
- Our main project is the TE Consilience Library. We have multiple explorations on its design, you can see them here and here. Any feedback you may have is welcome!
- Share your knowledge! Start curating resources and get feedback in our [discord channel](
Steward: Shawn YGG
Weekly Sync: Friday, 11AM EST/5PM CET
- We are on hiatus as we rethink how to have a more seasonal version of Labs.
Weekly Sync: Tuesday, 12PM EST/6PM CET
- Praise the Animation & Video Production team for their first animation
- The TE Academy T.E.A.M. has a proposal coming soon.
- The marketing T.E.A.M. has sent the Newsletter #3.
- The translations T.E.A.M. is moving forward with the first articles upload to Mirror
- The twitter planning T.E.A.M.is putting a lot of effort into the Gitcoin’s grants 14th round. Support us with a retweet!
Stewards: Ivy, Zeptimus
Weekly Sync: Monday 11AM EST/5PM CET
- Our snapshot vote around salaries is up.
- Our transparency proposal passed!
- We are working on our ABC advance page. Here are the Wireframes and Specs.
- Check our forum post about Transparency around TEC Salaries.
- As a relevant reminder, here’s our forum post about the TEC’s Meeting Protocols, Terms, and Disclaimers.
Weekly Sync: Every other Friday, 10AM EST/4PM CET
- Open call for legal expters If you have a legal background & strong interest in decentralized technologies, we’d love to have you in our Legal WG. Contact our steward @iviangita on discord.
- We continued our work on our Commons’ Content Ownership Agreement, as well as the updating of our covenant: here’s the working document for it (and here’s the ZenHub issue about it).
- We are going to be transitioning to montly calls.
Weekly Sync: Wednesday, 2PM EST/8PM CET
- Quantification #12 is closed.
- Rewards for November 2021 are incoming. Check the forum post and the RAD analysis.
- Our FAQ is live!
- #ActivateYourSourceCred - more info coming soon!
- We have added a multi-wallet functionality to the praise dashboard using Rainbow. Also, a dark mode for those late night quantifiers
- We encourage you to become a quantifier: it is a civic duty within our Commons.
- Remember that anyone can become a praise-giver by typing the command /activate on any channel within our Discord server.
Thank you for reading the WG Weekly update from June 06 - June 13. Check our calendar and join us on a call soon! Have a great weekend!