Hello ! These are the Working Group (WG) Weekly Updates for the week of Apr 25 - May 2. Within this post you’ll find what’s been happening lately in and around our many calendar calls. If you feel like you’re missing out, join us in real time during any of our many syncs or check out our YouTube channel archive for hundreds of recorded calls.
- Sprint 33 (Apr 15 - 28) just ended; and we planned Sprint 34 (Apr 29 - May 12): here’s the link to our current Sprint board.
- Currently we have 3 open (funding) votes on our Gardens:
- This week we had our Sprint Retrospective call, and the most upvoted action to improve was:
- To start preparing for the upcoming conferences in ETHBarcelona, ETHCC, and ETHMexico; to start planning TEC’s presence.
- During our Sprint Planning sync:
- We planned on 57 issues to work on for This Sprint.
- Forum Highlight:
- Get ready for the 3rd Graviton! It will be starting soon!
- We’ll upload the study plan to our forum before our training starts.
- Past Tuesday we held our last Practice Group session. It was about Ecocycle Planning and Golden Arrows — If you missed it, here’s its recording.
- On Wednesdays, we have our WG’s coordination call at 5 pm CEST.
- Our weekly book club is currently reading Margaret Wheatley’s Who Do We Choose To Be? Last week, we went over Chapter 6, which is about Interconnectedness. We meet every Thursday at 3 PM EST / 9 PM CEST, right after the community call.
- Every Friday, at 17:00 CEST, we have a Psychology and Mental Health Research sync.
- If you’re in need of help managing a conflict, you can make a request through our typeform
- Last Friday we held an AMA session at Aragon’s discord about conflict management.
- The Snapshot Water Proposal passed! The funds from the TEC have been sent to the Gnosis Safe Multisig, and are waiting for Shapeshift and Opolis to have it complete.
- Our weekly sync is on Wednesdays at 1pm EST/ 7pm CET.
- As a result of the discussion about voter apathy and how to create more engagement, Enti made a proposal on how to solve the issue.
- The Financial WG had its first meeting yesterday!
- Here is our spreadsheet to gather the Ecosystem Health Metrics.
- Here is our post about our new Governance TE Guild.
- We did some updating edits to our Manifesto (contribution from Gideon🙌): here’s the resulting Communitas WG Manifesto v.0.3.
- We kept polishing the TEC Engagement Processes map.
- Gideon will be hosting our Communitas weekly sync today at 20:00 CET / 13:00 CST.
- The TEC was featured on the 1HiveTV Spotlight.
- Eduardo, our WG’s Steward, is taking some well-deserved vacations and will come back after Friday.
- Last week’s 0mega call was On Concepts of the TE Consilience Library.
- We’ve continued our work on Nic’s Omega workflows Figma file; here are the initiatives we’re currently working on:
- Regarding the 3rd point, research is still ongoing around dynamic energy budget with the purpose of creating an art and science lab with an innovative economic model that would fund academic research in a truly interdisciplinary way, having both artists and scientists working together to solve complex issues. Here’s a recording of a session discussing this; and below is a related diagram:
- Don’t miss the chance to join our Summon Your Own Discord Bot Army event, it will end on May 6th.
- The Proposal Inverter DAO2DAO Models Workshop happens on Wednesdays 9:00 PST / 18:00 CEST. If you missed it, here’s a link to a presentation given in 0mega about the Proposal Inverter.
- Below are our office Hours:
- From Longtail Financial: Tuesdays & Thursdays at 22:00 CEST / 12:00 PST on the LTF Discord server.
- From BlockScience: Thursdays at 9:00 PST via Zoom call (ask @Mount Manu on Discord for the link).
- The Pre-Registration to our TE Fundamentals Course is open.
- Help us build the TEC Lab! We are looking for proposal contributors. If you’re interested, get in contact with YGG or Tamara.
We currently have 1 funding proposal available for execution on Gardens:
- Comms T.E.A.M. DAO - Marketing T.E.A.M.(24,820 WXDAI requested)
Here are the updates specific to each of the 4 teams that comprise our T.E.A.M. collective:
TE Academy team (syncs on Mondays at 17:00 CEST / 10:00 CT):
- Recent agenda points.
- Working on outreach for educational projects in other DAOs (e.g. HER DAO and Espacio Cripto).
- Actively promoting the TE Fundamentals & Graviton training (May 24-27) courses.
- Twitter team (syncs on Mondays at 18:00 CEST / 11:00 CT):
Animation & Video Production team (syncs on Mondays at 19:00 CEST / 12:00 CT):
- Recent agenda points.
- Our proposal for retroactive bonuses comes after Marketing TEAM’s funding is passed and executed.
Translations team (syncs on Mondays at 21:00 CEST / 14:00 CT):
- Recent agenda points.
- Gravity has resolved the issue that arose and so the second batch of translations will be on the works soon.
- Marketing team (syncs on Mondays at 22:00 CEST / 15:00 CT):
- TE Academy team (syncs on Mondays at 17:00 CEST / 10:00 CT):
- This is our WG’s Manifesto.
- Our weekly calls are on Mondays are 5pm CET.
- Check out our Audit!
- If you’re interested, you can read about our TEC Meeting Protocols, Terms and Disclaimers.
- We’re currently updating our covenant: here’s the working document for it (and here’s the ZenHub issue about it).
- We resumed progress on our Commons’ Content Ownership Agreement.
- We’ve been developing a Terms & Conditions document for All 3rd Party Services and so this week we discussed potential legal issues that may arise from the enforcement of such T&Cs upon purchase of $TEC.
- By the way, here’s our fund tracker.
- Ongoing discussion about using Celeste for its enforcement.
- We’re considering offering legal services to other DAOs and charge the fee $TEC; we’ll forward this initiative during our sync next week.
- Feel free to join us at our next bi-weekly sync, which is on May 13th: here’s calendar link to the event.
- Congratulations to Mitch for becoming our Steward!
- Quant #8 has finished and it is now closed.
- Check our forum post: Quantifier Disagreement, where we talk about our analysis from round 6.
- If you haven’t yet activated your new Praise Bot, please enter the command /activate on Discord, in any chat, and sign into the message with your Ethereum address.
- When you do start praising people, please be specific about the action being praised, be descriptive about why you’re grateful, and elaborate on the implications of that particular good deed within our community.
- Our Reward Board Proposal will be ready soon with the reward system parameters and the rewards distribution.
- SourceCred.org is shutting down and its repositories won’t be mantained. But we will keep working with it until it is no longer usable.
- Forum Highlight:
Thank you for reading the WG Weekly update from Apr 25 - May 12. Check our calendar and join us on a call soon! Goodbye)!