Hello ! These are the Working Group (WG) Weekly Updates for the week of Apr 11 - 18. Within this post you’ll find what’s been happening lately in and around our many calendar calls. If you feel like you’re missing out, join us in real time during any of our many syncs or check out our YouTube channel archive for hundreds of recorded calls.
- Sprint 32 (Apr 1 - 14) ended and we kicked off Sprint 33 with a Sprint Planning call: here’s the link to our new Sprint board.
- Currently we have 3 open (funding) votes on our Gardens:
- This week, during our Sprint Retrospective call, the Stewards agreed on taking 2 actions to improve our Commons:
- To form a WG with the mandate to bring more funds into our treasury.
- To add expected milestones to our proposal template so that they can be used in the audit.
What was on the Stewards’ mind this week?
- Temperature checks, newsletter, Rewards update, Amsterdam, upcoming TEC presentations (London Business School blockchain week), #CommonsPrize by Commons Stack, Transparency audit, Scholarship ideas to attend conferences.
- We hosted a Proposal Inverter AMA alongside PrimeDAO.
The TEC is going to ETHAmsterdam (and also to the DAOist, Schelling Point, and DevConnect events happening there).
- If you’ll be in as well, come out and reach out to us: Zep, Juanka, Angela, Chuy, Nuggan, Tamara, Kristofer, Sem, Paolo, Anna-Marie are the Commoners that are going.
- Our very own Eduardo will be doing a presentation for the TEC at the London Business School blockchain week (Apr 26 - 28).
- Forum Highlight:
- Our 3rd Graviton Training has been moved one week: It will be starting on May 3rd!
- We’ll upload the study plan to our forum before our training starts.
- Every Tuesday Leen and Jeremy host a practice session about Deep Democracy and Liberating Structures, respectively. If you missed the last session—which was about Invitations & Check In Wave—here’s its recording.
- Our weekly book club is currently reading Margaret Wheatley’s Who Do We Choose To Be? Last week, we went over Chapter 5, which is about Perception. We meet every Thursday at 3 PM EST / 9 PM CEST, right after the community call. Here’s the calendar event link to our next meeting.
- Every Friday, at 17:00 CEST, we have a Psychology and Mental Health Research sync: you’re welcome to join!
- If you’re in need of help managing a conflict, you can make a request through our typeform.
- The cultural streams that we focused on this week are:
- Race and gender by Livia, Edy and Chuy
- Religion and Ancient Forms of Knowledge by Chuy and Durgadas
- Psychology and Mental Health by Juank, Nate and Boonjue
- Personal Development by Enti, Nate and Bear
- Opensource Culture and Documentation by Vyvy-vi and Zeptimus
- We’ve also been looking into Ecosystem Health Metrics: how to measure subjective variables that represent the health of the TEC.
- Check out our Snapshot Water Proposal.
- During our WG sync, we asked everyone a question: what makes you a TEC member? Here are their responses.
- We’ve been working on advancing and applying the TEC Engagement Figma diagram.
- Expect an orientation data update next week.
- Our WG’s Weekly Meeting sync is on Mondays at 20:00 CET.
- Our TEC Orientation call is Thursdays at 19:00 CET.
- Nic created an Omega workflows Figma file where we’ve been aggregating, and curating, all the ideas and initiatives we’ve worked on since the creation of 0mega:
- Research has started around dynamic energy budget with the purpose of creating an art and science lab with an innovative economic model that would fund academic research in a truly interdisciplinary way, having both artists and scientists working together to solve complex issues.
- We hosted sync #2 of the Imaginarium Creative Jam Session: here are the notes we gathered.
- Summon Your Own Discord Bot Army event is still live and will be until May 6th.
- The Proposal Inverter DAO2DAO Models Workshop happens on Wednesdays 9:00 PST / 18:00 CEST
- If you missed it, here’s a link to a presentation given in 0mega about the Proposal Inverter.
- Our Dogfooding the Proposal Inverter-Meta Proposal passed!
- Also, our NumFocus Proposal passed!
- The Pre-Registration to our TE Fundamentals Course is open.
- If you can’t get enough TE, below are our office Hours:
- From Longtail Financial: Tuesdays & Thursdays at 22:00 CEST / 12:00 PST on the LTF Discord server.
- From BlockScience: Thursdays at 9:00 PST via Zoom call (ask @Mount Manu on Discord for the link).
- Help us build the TEC Lab! We are looking for proposal contributors. If you’re interested, get in contact with YGG or Tamara.
- We’ve got a lot of events going on every week so we’ve compiled a calendar for you to join us on any of them.
We currently have 1 funding proposal live on Gardens:
- Comms T.E.A.M. DAO - Marketing T.E.A.M.(24,820 WXDAI requested)
- Miss Rose—our anti-spam Telegram bot—is up and running (and looking drop-dead gorgeous, might I add).
- Meme parties are back! Check out what we conjured up last Friday.
More specifically to each subgroup, here are the updates from the 4 teams that comprise our T.E.A.M. collective:
- TE Academy team (syncs on Mondays at 17:00 CEST / 10:00 CT):
Twitter team (syncs on Mondays at 18:00 CEST / 11:00 CT):
- Recent agenda points.
- The planning of weekly tweets is ongoing and has kept a good pace (and a user-friendly format). As usual, the work around this topic will happen during tomorrow’s Twitter Planning sync.
- Animation & Video Production team (syncs on Mondays at 19:00 CEST / 12:00 CT):
Translations team (syncs on Mondays at 21:00 CEST / 14:00 CT):
- Recent agenda points.
- Gravity has resolved the issue that arose and so the second batch of translations will be on the works soon.
Marketing team (syncs on Mondays at 22:00 CEST / 15:00 CT):
- Recent agenda points.
- The next newsletter email will be sent on the 20th; we’re working on using HubSpot forms to gather data from current and potential users.
- We prepared a financial audit around funding pool reserve & fund movement.
- The TEC Meeting Protocols, Terms and Disclaimers Audit is almost ready.
- Join our forum’s discussion around How should we present and preserve the Transparency Audit Reports? Special praise goes to Enti for authoring the post.
The Legal WG Funding Proposal is passed and executed!
- Here’s our fund tracker.
- We’re currently working on updating our covenant: here’s the working document for it (and here’s the ZenHub issue about it).
- We’re also working on the TEC Content Ownership Agreement.
- Ongoing discussion about using Celeste for its enforcement.
- Finally, we’re developing a Terms & Conditions document for All 3rd Party Services.
- Feel free to join us at our next bi-weekly sync, which is on April 29th: here’s calendar link to the event.
- If you haven’t yet activated your new Praise Bot, please enter the command /activate on Discord, in any chat, and sign into the message with your Ethereum address.
- When you do start praising people, please be specific about the action being praised, be descriptive about why you’re grateful, and elaborate on the implications of that particular good deed within our community.
- Quant #6 has finished and it is now closed.
- We are currently working on a Reward Board Proposal to get the budget for the next distributions.
- SourceCred.org is shutting down
- Forum Highlight:
Thank you for reading the WG Weekly update from Apr 11 - 18 Check our calendar and join us on a call soon! I’ll see you next week because right now I have to return some video tapes. Goodbye!