Proposal: Bonding Curve Resource Manual - One Stop Shop Down the Rabbithole of BCs
Bonding curves revolutionize the way we think about token issuance, liquidity and offer a new design space for how we might pair assets to one another. Their potential has been mildly explored and they offer an exciting primitive with which to develop new market structures. The purpose of this proposal is to create a comprehensive resource for the Token Engineering Commons (TEC) community on bonding curves, including information on different types, structure, incentives, use cases, and learning materials. This comprehensive resource and tailored content would be able to be turned into a course that the TEA hosts if they so wish.
Overview of Bonding Curves:
Bonding curves are a type of smart contract that automatically mint, burn, swap, price tokens based on the supply and demand of a particular token. They are designed to create liquidity and incentivize different behaviours. There are several different types of bonding curves, including but not limited to constant product, constant sum, and variable product. Each type has its own unique structure and incentivizes different behaviours. But this is just the beginning. Bonding Curves are a gateway for engineering controllers to enter into the economic management and value accrual systems of Web3.
Relevance to TEC mission, vision and values:
- The creation of a comprehensive resource on bonding curves aligns with the TEC’s mission to discover, develop and proliferate the best practices for engineering safe tokenized economies.
- It also aligns with the TEC’s vision to enable the creation of ethical, safe, resilient and diverse economic systems to benefit societies around the world. Bonding Curves allow us to create markets where no liquidity existed prior.
- By providing the Web3 community at large, with a deeper understanding of bonding curves, it will help to advance the ethical principles, standards, tools and methodologies that emerge as this nascent field advances.
Who will be affected by this proposal:
The TEC community will be the primary beneficiaries of this proposal, as they will have access to a comprehensive resource on bonding curves. This resource will be useful for anyone interested in understanding and implementing bonding curves, including developers, researchers, and practitioners in the token engineering field.
I hope to clearly delineate the technical and non technical aspects of BCs, so non technical founders can follow along and understand how they may implement it in their Web3 business model.
This course content will be able to be reformatted into an LMS and turned into an online course with or without a paywall, as the TEC desired. I wish to create the content and allow the TEC to integrate it into their teachings as they see fit.
Who has expertise in this topic and could advise your process:
Experts in the field, include Simon de la Rouviere, Michael Zargham, Abbey Titcomb, Mr Octopus (TEA) and others. For the more technical aspects of bonding curves, I may enlist the help of those with the necessary mathematical, programming, and CadCAD skills.
I wish to compensate those who contribute their time and expertise.
The deliverable of this proposal is a comprehensive resource on bonding curves that will be created in Notion. The resource will include information on:
- Different types & structures,
- Incentives & game theory
- Use cases & mental models
- Case Studies (successes and failures)
- How to launch BC’s for your project
- Web3 Applications that enable BC’s
- Machination Simulations
- Considerations for areas of study, research and innovation of BC’s
The resource will be delivered in a 3-4 month period, with an 21k USD commitment. 6k upfront and the rest vested as progress and milestones are met.
Additionally i will host X amount of interest/working groups on bonding curves to go over the resource material.
I will send out educational videos on my twitter and linked in, going over the material as well.
I will not focus on selling the course, nor is promotion my main concern here. I wish to focus on creating a synthesized, digestible framework for BCs.
The TEC may choose to turn it into an official course via the TEA or others, using an LMS or others or leave this as a free notion database.
Work would begin after receiving of first payment $6000
Milestone 1 - payment of $5000 on completion
- Research and compile information on different types & structures of bonding curves
- Create sections on incentives & game theory and use cases & mental models
- Research and compile information on Controllers x Bonding Curves
Milestone 2 - payment of $5000 on completion
- Case studies research (successes and failures)
- How to launch bonding curves & controllers for a project
- In-depth list of Add web3 applications that enable bonding curves
Milestone 3 - payment of $5000 on completion
- Machination Simulations
- Complete final review and edits of the comprehensive resource on bonding curves
- Deliver the resource in Notion.
My name is Daniel Haboush, i have no problem Doxxing myself, i just like the rabbit persona for social media
Github: GitHub - curiousrabbit-eth/TokenEngineering (up too date ishhh)
Thank you for taking the time to read and consider this proposal. I would like to raise this proposal for discussion and develop it further alongside the feedback of the community.
What type of proposal is this?
- Conviction Voting (funding)