Dogfooding the Proposal Inverter-Meta Proposal

Dogfooding the Proposal Inverter-Meta Proposal

TL;DR

• The ‘Proposal Inverter’ (PI) is a high-demand DeFi component since the inception of the DAO ecosystem. It is meant to tackle the issue of inconvenient and unnecessarily lengthy communications experienced between researchers and funders. The proposal inverter inverts the DAO-proposal relationship. Such that, instead of having many proposals for a single DAO, we will have many DAOs for a single proposal. This enables the collaborative funding of proposals that benefit multiple DAOs throughout the ecosystem.

Proposal description

Proposal Inverter Meta Proposal: PrimeDAO Proposal :robot:

*Meta proposal is a proposal where funders can see all the necessary information such as deliverables, milestones, team, building philosophy, and involvement of each party in terms of labor and funding.

How does this proposal benefit the community and/or the field of Token Engineering?

The development of Proposal Inverter will help further token engineering practice; firstly, The development of the product involves heavy token engineering practices and utilizes important token engineering tools such as cadCAD for its simulation and modeling purposes; and all outcomes derived from Proposal Inverter’s building will be open-source. This will allow other token engineers to utilize, transform and create primitives that can further improve token engineering. Also, from its starting, Proposal Inverter’s development effort has been conducted publicly; our weekly calls are recorded and published for token engineering enthusiasts to follow and learn from our process.

Secondly, as stated, “(proposal inverter) enables the collaborative funding of proposals that benefit multiple DAOs throughout the ecosystem.” In other words, the Proposal Inverter’s main purpose is to nourish the collaborative schema around public good funding in the DAO space.

Amount requested (Only for Conviction Voting)

How much in wxDAI are you requesting?

Total Funding Requested from TEC: 30.000 wxDAI

5 Likes

I finally got to read everything here + additional docs linked in the proposal and I have a few questions:

1- what is the accountability mechanism? How to make sure all DAOs are up to date with the development and also receiving the benefit of the portion of their invested funds? Seems extra hard to keep track of large groups that are working on broad proposals and avoid the free rider problem.
2- What are the metrics for success of this proposal?
3- It’s not clear what overheads are being actually avoided in comparison to submitting proposals to 1 DAO at a time - the parameters list + coordination effort for submitting a proposal seemed quite high

1 Like

Hey Livia,

Thank you for the comment.

1- We are recording all our calls. Also, each week on PrimeDAO’s discord in the #pi-weekly-report channel I share status and actionable updates regarding marketing, product development, and partnership.
In terms of received benefits, there are no “profit” benefits from this Product for builders. However, as the proposal suggested the open-source development of token engineering simulations, and the product itself is a valuable contribution to Token Engineering Community. You can find all the documentation about the Proposal Inverter here. Along with that, this DAO to DAO operation between many DAOs will help creating more collaborative schema and increase the involved DAOs’ impact in the growing DAO to DAO ecosystem. Some last words about that question, I totally agree that keeping this large group accountable is hard and therefore we are trying to be as transparent as possible between DAOs/teams. If you have any more suggestions, I would appreciate it.

2- The success of this proposal: in the first three months we wanted to finish the design phase and mid-way the backend development. For the last 3 months, we are planning to finish the development of the product including documentation, front end, etc.(You can see the detailed roadmap in the proposal). In terms of the non-technical aspect, the successful development of this product will include the creation of an ecosystem around the product; making it a helpful tool for DAO to DAO collaboration and collaborative funding.

3- So, by using the Proposal Inverter you can market a common proposal that is created in the Proposal Inverter interface to funders, and the funding parties can just pour money into the Proposal Inverter pool, and it will drip funds continuously without repetitive proposals. Also, the additional new payers for proposals can just go to the proposal inverter interface and pour money after reaching an agreement with the proposal owner, without dealing with a new payment schema, etc.
To wrap up, the cost of a reduction in coordination will come from the following:

1. Collecting funds from multiple entities.
  2. Managing long-term streaming of the collected funds to a group of contributors
  3. Transparently managing the evolving members within a contributor group receiving funding from multiple entities.
  4. Creating a common platform for accountability and running the proposal process
  5. The parameters here are decisions that need to be taken by any project manager. The whole roadmap of the proposal inverter is imagined through the lens of reducing as many coordination problems as possible both through interface and contract design. We are already thinking about new ways of offering solutions to them such as QF for integrating community signaling to DAO grants and internal value-sharing models like Coordinate among others.
    Here, I wrote a “happy UX road for Proposal Inverter”, which may give a little more insight: UX HAPPY WALK_PI - Google Docs

If you like to discuss any of the details, I would be very happy to try my best to clarify !!