CV Transparency WG Funding Proposal (Sep to Oct 2022)

ALERT! EDITED BEFORE POSTING IT ON GARDENS

Proposal title: Transparency WG 2-month funding

Period covered: 2 months (September to October)

Proposal description:

This proposal covers a two-month period.

The tasks that need to be done by the Transparency WG remain largely the same, including recording calls, documentation, and other operations-related tasks.

Nevertheless, we recognise that the TEC is in a phase of change, and is exploring changing the way we work and coordinate. Transparency WG will adapt to enhance this move.

Our proposal not only includes the necessary retroactive payments to compensate the team for September, but also a new plan for the month of October, within which we wish to systematically:

• Analyze every task being taken care of by Transparency WG, with community feedback wherever possible. We want to ensure all workflows in Transparency WG are valuable and cost-balanced for the Commons, so as to minimize our monetary impact on the TEC. We would like to have a vote on whether to continue the audit under its current form, and will have internal discussions on smaller deliverables.
  • Automate wherever possible, with little impact on our output. Many of our objectives are being carried out with more manual input than necessary. Thus, we would like to revisit whether there are easier, more automatic solutions that can help us minimize our footprint on the TEC, and allow a wider space for TEC growth initiatives. We want to be a commons-first working group, and October will help us reach that stage.
  • Arrange. This includes finishing active work streams, and ensuring that all Transparency deliverables and documentation are in check.

Impact Assessment: Our aim is that the operational cost of Transparency will have a much smaller impact on the TEC come November, if any. We will map out the activities we are currently doing, and check with the community what is still relevant and make a plan to keep those running.

To compensate the contributors of the Transparency WG, we will need 8,220 WXDAI for the months of September and October. But since the Transparency WG still has an unused budget of 2,011.90 WXDAI from the previous funding (May to July), we are requesting 5,724.1 WXDAI in this funding proposal.

The proposed budget will be divided among the contributors of the working group.

To check how we spent the previous funding, check our May-July budget tracker and this document for August and September. The tasks done are also posted in the previous forum thread and to confirm what we accomplished, check the Transparency Audit (Apr-June) report.

The Tasks and the Budget

How does this proposal benefit the community or the field of Token Engineering?

This will encourage and provide opportunities for the members to participate in upholding transparency and monitoring the activities in the community. Providing equal access to information and involving agents to care for rules that apply to all eliminate the need for external agents and increase the commitment of participants to engage in the advice process. Trust comes when we can comprehend the behavior of other actors by using the same framework.

Amount requested (Only for conviction voting)

5,752.1 WXDAI

How will you share progress?

We will keep the same methods as the last time people will request funds on this proposal and we will track the job done for this period here and the milestones will be shared on the third Transparency Audit report

Team information:

Acidlazzer
Bear100
Enti
Ivy
Rex
Zeptimus

1 Like

I kindly request 116 xdai for my contributions during September/October in the transparency WG

1 Like

I´m requesting 390 WXDAI for my contribution to the Transparency WG during September 2022 for:

• Recording calls
  • Uploading them to YouTube with its corresponding titles and descriptions

I´m requesting 290 WXDAI for my contribution to the Transparency WG during October 2022 for:

• Recording calls
  • Uploading them to YouTube with its corresponding titles and descriptions
1 Like

I´m requesting 190 WXDAI for my contribution to the Transparency WG during October 2022 for:

• Weekly calendar updates and bot research/implementation
1 Like

I’m requesting 5500 WXDAI for my work in transparency for September and October based on this role.

1 Like

I´m requesting 76 WXDAI for my contribution to the Transparency WG during September 2022 for:

• Back and forth coordination on the changes in the Analytics section of the audit; 2nd review of Figma after changes in the analytics
  • Updating decision tracking sheet
  • Reviewing funding proposal

I am requesting 380 wXDAI over the months of September and October, which have included:

• Helping out on the ABC advance page data extraction;
  • Moving out the www.dune.com/tecommons/TECommons onto dune.com/tec/tec, as well as all the configuration to go with it.
  • Creating and providing TEC governance statistics, to be later added onto our dashboard.
  • Work on rewriting these governance queries under Dune V2 (not full dashboard) thanks, dune!
  • Correcting some TEC liquidity/transfer statistics to encompass most used pairs - tec->giv->xdai and tec->water->giv->xdai
  • Process automation and maintenance regarding calendars and other bots, which included testing a number of these with enti, as well as then support, bug-fixes, and undiscovered missing permissions.
  • Research on the move from dune engine v1 to v2. this won’t be hard, but it’ll sadly take some significant time