Sunday, October 3, 2021
Hello ! Here are the Working Group updates from last week. If you feel like you’re missing out, check out the calendar and join us in real time during any of our many calls.
Spotlight: DreamTeam DAO
- Start of our Creative Onboarding campaign to welcome artists and integrate them into our workflow seamlessly by minimizing the Web3 learning curve
- David’s Analytics Corner has continued to bring insights about our audience
- Currently looking to shed the Comms name for a better one: message Chuy if you have any suggestions
- Started research into a Twitter Scraping bot
- Forum Highlight: Social Fridays coming soon!
- First Hatch DAO vote concluded successfully!
- Gardens-xdai.1hive.org is LIVE!
- EVM-Crispr library is at V1.0 and improving
- Forum Highlight: Check out BrightID’s Garden!
- Development for the Onboarding Dashboard is ongoing and a proposal will be put up for review soon
- New orientation model to be implemented on a bi-monthly basis, accommodating for both Europe’s and America’s time zones
- Forum Highlight: Our Orientation Call is Wednesdays at 18:00 CET on the Community Hall VC; and our TEC Lounge is Fridays at 17:00 CET also on the Community Hall VC
- The second session of our 2nd Graviton Training was hosted by Juan Carlos Bell: watch the recording here
- Nonviolent Communication (NVC) bookclub launch!
- Follow us on Twitter @GravityDAO
- Forum Highlight: 2nd Graviton Training Study Plan
- Currently focusing on Rewards System Research
- Forum Highlight: Our Praise Evolution Task Force sync is Fridays at 16:00 CET on the Labs VC
- New draft of terms and conditions for the ABC
- Forum Highlight: Join us every other Friday at 16:00 CET for a chance to contribute and learn more about the ABC’s legal framework
- Our last WG session dealt with the Consilience Iniative, an idea to create a TE library: read the summary here
- We are still exploring an actionable path for the feedback received in our last TE Ethics focus group
- Next week we will go over Amartya Sen’s Capability Approach as a framework to evaluate an individual’s well-being
- Forum Highlight: Our WG sync calls will now be weekly: the next one will be this Wednesday Oct. 6th at 20:00 CET in the Omega VC
- Ongoing design validation of the Commons Configuration Dashboard (CCD)
- Updated Configuration Summary module now allows you to save parameter values, as well as submit them unto a GitHub issue
- Alas, bugs abound but we are on track to launch mid October; the historic significance of creating a system for Commons engineering transcends all hiccups!
- Forum Highlight: CCD
- Our Rewards System task force is ongoing
- Check out the roadmap to our first Reward quantification here
- 76 people voted on our 75% Governance giveback proposal: the vote passed and now the Commons Swarm team will start developing a solution to implement the community’s decision
- Forum Highlight: Our next Reward System call is Thursday Oct. 7th at 16:00 CET in the TEC Community Hall VC
- End of Sprint 18 (September 17 - 30); watch the Sprint Retrospective here
- Our very 1st vote on the Hatch DAO closed; our 2nd vote on allowing a 75% governance giveback closed as well. Both of these votes passed.
- We are reimagining Medium’s role in our communications strategy; exploring treasury management options; improving our onboarding processes; and connecting with other Web3 projects and communities for strategic partnerships!
- Forum Highlight: Remember that our TEC Timeline is open to everyone! Get a comprehensive overview of our WG Milestones here and of our Mission, Vision, and Values (MVV) here
- Wrote a forum post exploring different Treasury Management options
- Forum Highlight: Our WG’s bi-weekly sync calls are on Mondays at 15:00 CET
Thanks for reading the update this week! Be sure to check out the calendar to join us on a call!