Welcome to our weekly update! Join us in real time during any of our many call. Check out the calendar.
REMINDER: the TEC will be in Paris for EthCC 4 July 20-22!
Let us know if you’ll be there too, come say hi on our Discord #community-hall channel.
- Signalled ready for Hatch! (See Stewards below for the signal of each WG.)
- Released our community video! All over the world, the Token Engineering Commons is preparing for the Hatch. Get to know some of our Stewards and Subject Matter Experts who compose this community.
- TE Scouts held two TEC sessions this week: one at Gitcoin and the other at Metagame.
- Forum Highlight: How to get wxDAI
- The dress rehearsal recap summarizes the process of test tokens going through the smart contracts: mintings, impact hours, ragequitting, and the “commons” upgrade.
- Forum Highlight: Weekly update
- We are working on the next round of Graviton trainings for September! More details soon.
- A Hatcher Checklist is coming out soon with all the boxes to check to confirm your Hatcher readiness!
- The Hatcher Handbook will follow with more details about the steps to get there.
- Labs’ Steward Ygg contributed an Impact Hour/Praise intervention proposal to serve as a possible implementation of Praisemageddon, one of the two chosen IH intervention proposals from the run-off vote. The Best Intervention: Composite Augmentation. (See SoftGov below for more on the run-off vote results.)
- TokenSPICE in development! TokenSPICE can be used to help design, tune and verify tokenized ecosystems in an overall token engineering flow. Join us on Saturdays at 8pm PST / 5am+1 CET.
- Working on the Community Covenant, the rules by which we must agree to in order to engage in the community.
- Next meeting will be 21st July 8PM CET.
- Structure TE Ethics topics
- Timeline for focus groups
- Useful results processing
- Final votes were cast July 8 for the run-off vote of the Impact Hour/Praise intervention. The vote resulted in two top propopals taking a vast majority of the votes between them. Read Griff’s explanation for a solution on the Pre-Hatch Impact Hours Distribution Analysis (comment 79 of 81). The two proposals are both being chosen and will be integrated and implemented collectively:
#12 No Abnormal Intervention 75% Governance Rights returned to paid contributors via vote Post-Hatch & Praise Party for TE Rockstars
- TE Book Club re-started July 4 by !witwiki reading Ostrom’s Governing the Commons at The DAO bookclub Discord.
- This week’s SoftGov call held a space for discussing decision-making policies. You can read participants’ comments in the agenda.
Forum Highlight: Pre-Hatch Impact Hours Distribution Analysis
This is the longest on-going forum post in the history of the TEC, with 81 comments over two months and counting!
- Transparency of the Impact Hour Intervention voting process
- Some community stats:
- 11 Working Groups
- 16 Stewards
- Over 550 participants in the TEC
- Working Group checklist as they become “ready for Hatch”:
- Forum highlight: Using Dashlane as TEC credentials manager
Thanks for reading! See you soon!