đź•Š Gravity Working Group

The Gravity Working Group aims to help maintain equilibrium and well-being in decentralized communities through nonviolent communication, transformational approach to conflicts, and a system that provides easy access to management protocols.

We foster dialogue for smooth coordination, prevention and solution of social issues in DAOs, and train participants to become conflict management agents, called “Gravitons”.

:dove: If you are part of a conflict, or would like assistance with any type of non harmonious situation, even if it seems small, please reach out to the Gravity group using this typeform. :dove:

Discussions

4 Likes

Book a call to have a dialogue! https://calendly.com/bell-juan-carlos/30min

1 Like

Hello everyone! this is the updated manifesto of the Gravity Working group! We are currently in our second roadmap, that will be reviewed in July Gravity Working Group Manifesto - Google Docs

1 Like

Hey @Juankbel , do we need to update this post now? We meet on three occasions weekly for starters.

It strikes me often that very very bright people can often be very very sensitive. I have a family member who is like this.

Learning to build communities that can harness the talent of such people means we don’t continually repeat the treatment Alan Turing got. This strikes me as something humanity needs to learn, both collectively and quickly.

I hope TEC are also heading in this direction, but inevitably individual upsets will occur, which could turn into dispute.

I urge folk here to find the #:dove:|gravity proposal in the community forum and support the work we are proposing, so ably hosted, prompted and supported by @Juankbell .

It must be true for every DAO that we don’t want continually to inadvertently push bright babies out with small amounts of bathwater.

Thanks, I’ll happily engage in dialogue if folk are interested.

2 Likes

For transparency purposes, I think TEC needs also to log and address internal disputes, so we practice what we preach. I suggest typically this will need third party and anonymised resolution processes.

In particular, both sides in any dispute need to independently record the essence of their issue, so any mediator can see upset on both sides, and have a better chance of finding common ground.

Personally I really like the Observation, Feelings, Needs, Request process, and would happily recommend this to others so they can feel confident about it.

To note, Gravity are already getting enquiries about such processes, so I hope we can push Gravity forward in the big scheme of things.

4 Likes

Hi all, I was referred here by Letty in the SEEDS community:

I am looking for 12 participants (5 so far) that would like to be trained in the following:
• heart-based communication/nonviolent communication
• empathic organizing
• community counseling
• transformative facilitation
• conflict resolution
• restorative practice
It’s through a one-year program known as the Dialogue Road Map, with details of the facilitator and process in heart-based-communication.

The trainer, Maria Arpa, is phenomenal. Maria Arpa - Centre For Peaceful Solutions. She was recently the executive director of the Center for Nonviolent Communication. The video is from a recent conversation where she talks about the origin of her work, and what it takes to implement in a community: Maria Arpa and heart-based communication - YouTube.

The commitment for the basic training is: April 7, 11, 14, 18 from 3-7pm UTC, at no cost.
This is essentially for those looking to be trained as a certified mediation counselor, and these graduates will be a foundation from which we develop a caring-based culture in the SEEDS ecosystem and beyond, not to mention a practical conflict resolution program.

Please reply or ask questions here if you’re interested.

To be able to train others requires a year-long commitment that I am working on securing sponsors to finance:
• 20 total days (5 hours a day) in a year. That’s 100 total hours in a year. This is facilitated 2-3 days at a time, 6 times a year
• 4 hours/month practice with fellow participants

3 Likes

Hi neilkt! Welcome to the TEC forum.

@all: Neilkt is a shaker and changemaker in the SEEDS community. I let them know of the existence of Gravity and Gravitons as they - as many DHO/DAOs - want to further awareness/capabilities of NVC mechanisms and conflict resolution facilitators.

I’m aware Gravity has been very vocal in these opportunities and want to venture out to other spaces. Have not been a trained graviton due to my vocation to the the Omega group in TEC but a voucher for the methods we’ve been using (such as deep democracy, liberating structures and the compassionate leadership system).

I’d like to show my interest in the Center for Peaceful Solutions training and want to thank SEEDS for the development opportunity they offer to the TEC participants. At the end of the day, humble we must stay, we’re only as good as the amount of good we want to serve to the world!.

1 Like

Hey Neilkt, I’m interested on the training! How can I get more information about it?

Great Bianca! We have three spots left, two of them for women: Regenerative Communication - Be The Change Wiki

1 Like

Hey @AL0YSI0US , this could be something for you?

1 Like