Duration: September, October, November, December 2023
Lead: YGG @ TEC
This is a full time role description. (40 hours per week)
- 24 hours per week billable hours: active research, development, presentations, coordination
- 16 hours per week auxillary work: passive research, readings, architecting, slow thinking, synthesis
YGG has been active in this role since June 2023 which has been funded directly by @Griff with the intention of moving the position into a TEC funded role like this. Praise @Griff for having the generosity and trust to support me in such a way
During this engagement, YGG will participate in TEC team meetings, sprint planning, community calls, and advice process. YGG will be a voice of leadership in the community. YGG will produce data science oriented software assets as token engineering public goods. YGG will support the TEC Coordination team, TEC Advisory network, and TEC work streams like BCRG and TESS.
- Ongoing support for QF Grant Rounds
- Development of TEC Tunable QF Product with TEC Coordination Team
- Researching FPG Frameworks in the context of TEC Read more here
- Scoping TEC incubation processes for expanding funding beyond QF
- Supporting the OP migration
- Supporting BCRG and TESS
- Contributing to TEC advice process
- Promoting TEC Community Growth
Conviction Voting Analysis - This is a high priority but being deferred until the common pool reaches ingress requirements.
Scoping TEC Reputation Economy - An area of interest with TEC Advisory Network.
Data analysis on community advice process using Pol.is - An area of interest with TEC Advisory Network
YGG will be present at TEC. Full time for 4 months with 2 weeks of flex vacation time. 24 hours billable time per week, for 14 weeks.
24 * 14 = 336 Hours.
$4700WXDAI/month for 4 months
$4700 x 4 = $18800WXDAI Total Funding
$18800 / 336 = $55.95WXDAI / hour.
The above calculus describes a 4 month engagement of work commitment from YGG to TEC and includes 2 weeks flex paid vacation time.
- Data science in the domain of Token Engineering
- Software Product Development with TEC Coordination Team
- Advice Process at TEC
- The TEC Launches The Tunable QF Application Q4 2023
- Tunable QF becomes a flagship product associated with TEC
- Tunable QF is adopted by the industry as a way to further refine the effectiveness and efficiency of public goods funding
- Number of git commits on the Alloha repository
- Reception of the Sept 27th community call where this work is being presented
- Satisfaction of the TEC Coordination team that is using this tool to aid in their facilitation of quadratic funding
- Feedback from the Gitcoin Product Team as well as Gitcoin research team.
Work is shared weekly on Thursdays 9amPST in the TEC QF Product agile development meeting. This meeting is facilitated by @enti and myself as an agile development session for TEC QF data analysis and product development.
Work is tracked by the TEC coordination team in the weekly sprint planning, sprint retrospective, and TEC Team meetings.
Work will be presented on September 27th in the TEC Community Call.
Research results and product development are posted publicly on github here:
I’ve been tracking my meetings for June, July and August. This the structure of my team.
- Applying data science in a token engineering context towards the TEC’s investments into quadratic funding, SME signal boosting, and other TE Public Goods funding methods such as CV and Bonding Curves.
- Exploring and relating foundational theories of funding public goods (FPG) in the context of TEC and Token Engineering Public Goods (TEPG).
- Supporting TEC Token Team in the engineering lifecycle of TEC Token Infrastructure and products.
- Supporting the TEC Coordination team.
- Supporting the TEC General Advisory Network
- Supporting TE initiatives like BCRG, TESS, and Optimism Deployment of TE Infrastructure
- TEC Community Members
- TE Community members engaging with Quadratic Funding
- TE Subject Matter Experts that vote in Quadratic Funding
- Any organization engaging with Quadratic Funding that would like to use the TEC Tunable QF tool or integrate the research results
- TEC Team Working on QF Product at TEC
- Future TEC fellows that may adopt this template for engagement.
- @gideonro , @JeffEmmett , @rex , @Tamara , @JessicaZartler , @octopus , @natesuits , @Griff
- TEC Coordination Team
- Giveth Galaxy
- Gitcoin Ecosystem
- Optimism Network
- TEC General Advisory Network
This proposal is authored by YGG and has integrated advice from TEC General Advisory Network.
The TE Fellowship at TEC concept was originally proposed by @mzargham
The following is preliminary results from early QF analysis and product development with YGG and the TEC Coordination team.
Donations Network Analysis
TEC QF Tuning Environment:
TEC QF Signal Boosting Environment:
FDFPG Data Science Environment. The following is generated data based off of the FDFPG framework.
Concave, Smooth, Increasing value functions between every citizen and every public good.
Optimal Funding as Optimizing Collective Marginal Utility
Computing the suboptimality of Private Contribution Funding Mechanism
Computing the suboptimality of 1 Person 1 Vote Funding Mechanism
The contributions matrix C. Showing the amount that citizen i donates to public good p.
The Value Matrix V(F). Computing the Value to Citizens given Public Goods Funding Level F
Thank you for considering this proposal. If you have feedback, comments or questions, please post in the forum below or contact me on discord. Blessings!