Joint TEA-TEC Plan for AI-Powered Token Engineering and $TEC Utility

I think there are practical realities. Let me throw out some of them in bullet point form:

• Gideon is out for a well deserved vacation for 2-3 weeks in the middle of April
  • Gideon is also one of the largest token holders and will be AFK (away from keys) for 14 days
  • There is no one speaking against moving away from CV
  • There are people that will need to be paid at the end of the month
  • It seems like on it’s face people generally want all of these things to happen
  • We talked about turning off CV for several months
  • We did advice process to wait till April 20th to turn off CV
  • Everyone is working with positive intent

IMO this is a procedural oversight where we made agreements that maybe given all this info we shouldn’t have agreed to… specifically waiting till April 20th to turn off CV. We can’t know everyone who was making plans based on that signaling.

It feels like there is a practical reality conflicting with our documentation of processes. Technically, Tao Voting is able to send money, in fact it can turn our DAO into a :duck: so sending 100k was always in the technical reality even tho it was culturally considered out of scope.

Also there is a small team of people in the day to day that is supporting this DAO and they will run out of funding at the end of April, given all this I hope we can just put the normal procedures aside in this transition and do what causes the least stress in order to get to the out come that the DAO wants.

We could have done a better job at formally announcing/creating a transition time where the day-today contributors use Tao Voting for governance while we leave CV open for more external contributors, but oh well… DAOing is hard.

This article really summs it up well:

1 Like

The vote for this proposal is now up on Gardens! https://gardensdao.eth.limo/#/xdai/garden/0x1fc7e8d8e4bbbef77a4d035aec189373b52125a8/vote/25

1 Like

Great article from the RnDAO crew. There are certainly issues identified that resonate with me and I also found this applicable

Cryptocurrency is powerful because it lets us summon up large pools of capital by collective economic will, and these pools of capital are, at the beginning, not controlled by any person. Rather, these pools of capital are controlled directly by concepts of legitimacy.

Happy to report that this proposal has passed with resounding support from $TEC token holders:

Now, onto the exciting part! :tada: :piñata: :partying_face:

4 Likes