đź“š Book Airdrops - Buying & Supporting TE Books for Community Giveaways

Jeff had a convo with Shermin, our Commons Stack advisor who is working on authoring a TE Economy book. We were discussing submitting a proposal for funding to buy a bunch of books at a discount, to support the author, and then offer those books as giveaways for working groups/raffles for our community. We are chatting to her about this and could involve other authors who have self published books in our multidisciplinary fields, could be a really nice value exchange :smiley:

Hope we can make this happen after our launch! Thoughts, expansions?

2 Likes

Yes! What we call “sponsored burn” in the token model of A Hitchhiker’s Guide to Token Engineering - you can also have sponsored editions https://gitcoin.co/grants/798/a-hitchhikers-guide-to-token-engineering

If the book has a token model, this coordination game can take places without much ado :slight_smile: But you could just use Giveth to raise buy a bunch of already available Token Economy books and send them - and support the TEC Proposal that comes from the #te-book club!!! :smiley: which will make this possible for digital books, transmission vehicles of knowledge :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Is this still something of interest for everyone? I can see this fitting in well with the scope of Pictosis as defined in Project Funding Proposal: Pictosis - NFTs for the Common Good

Thoughts?

1 Like

I love the idea of having an internal library - we could expand the book clubs :smiley:

1 Like

Had a great interview with Lisa - her idea on NFTs for distribution rights is super interesting, too! E.g. we could have a TEC distribution; not just giveaway, but actually get discounts on such legendary textbooks like hers. Here’s an annotated link to interview: https://ahitchhikers.substack.com/p/christmas-special-chat-with-lisa

2 Likes

Awesome! Can’t wait to hear about it! Catch me up on our next call :smiley:

1 Like

Would be cool if we hosted a library that our token could unlock, or we could give special NFT “keys” to the library :smiley: which could be to the PDFs of the books to start…

3 Likes

actually Boson Protocol does just that and also they have a Digital2Physical Rewards/Loyalty program, too. They’ll reach out soonish :slight_smile:

2 Likes